Friday, April 16, 2010

Where can I turn?

Where Can I Turn?
By: Cathy McDonald 10/14/09
In loving memory of John Daniel Fry

Where can I turn when I feel all alone?
What do I do when it seems no-one's there?
How can I go on if I feel nobody knows?
I look around....

They are out there just like me
Trying to hide so nobody sees
Hoping to cry and that it won't show
They try to hide....

We feel alone, and that nobody cares
We just KNOW that there's nobody there
Who could imagine just what we go through?
We start to share....

I open my heart, and let the tears flow
You open your arms and in a moment I know
I'm not alone, You're not alone

This club is just wrong
It shouldn't exist
Nobody longs to join
Yet can never leave

We walk along
Still trying to be strong
Our club getting bigger
Our pain growing deeper

We make new friends
It's a need we must accept
Our old friends just don't understand
And we don't want them to either!

The only way to know is to be in our shoes
I'm begging you please, don't even try them on!
So where do I turn?
To my new friends I turn
Hand in hand we learn....

No comments:

Post a Comment